PTR Coach Apprentice
Train your own assistant coaches to help run your programmes and camps at your club.
How it works:
- The course will be run over 10 hours using your own coaches. The hours can be run however you see fit to complete the course over any number of days.
- Assistants can be aged 12+ and are covered by your coaching insurance (as long as you are present on the court).
- We recommend you charge coaches a minimum of £60 however you can charge what you wish for the course per student. There is a cost per student of £30 (payable to PTR) that will include a workbook, certificate of attendance and £50 discount on a future PTR course for each student.
Let us know you wish to run a course and we will advertise it for you via our website on the bookings page.
What the students will learn:
- Introduction to mini tennis and SYSTEM-9
- Lesson structure
- Warm ups for mini tennis
- Basic technique teaching on serve, forehand, backhand, and volleys
- Feeding and rallying skills
- Organisation, communication, and demonstration
- Helping to run tournaments
- Basic match charting
How the students can benefit:
- Assistants can become hitters for mini players.
- Parents pay the coach and you pay the student a nominal fee. (Again the student must be on a court near the coach).
- Coaches can pay the assistant for helping in sessions with a larger number of kids.
- On completion of the course, apprentices will gain a certificate for a £50 reduction on future PTR GB 10 and under courses.