PTR was founded in 1976, by world renowned coach Dennis Van der Meer. Dennis saw the need to develop a universal language and progressions for tennis teaching. PTR Membership offers unparalleled educational materials, opportunities, career assistance and most importantly, worldwide recognition and respect.
Facts about PTR:
- Internationally recognised tennis teaching certification
- Approximately 16,000 Members in 125 countries
- 8 Hall of Fame Inductees
- 52 International Master Professionals
- More than 240 National and International Testers
- Publisher of TennisPro, PTR’s award winning magazine
- PTR membership is inclusive in terms of gender, race, ethnicity and religion. PTR is also sensitive to those of lower socioeconomic backgrounds. If you cannot afford the cost of professional development, you may qualify for assistance through PTR Foundation.